Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Tuesday, April 10

(BARELY PERCEPTIBLE) VARIATIONS ON A THEME



See this album?



I LIKE IT.

Things people in London say about this album:

* 'That's only for nightclubs.'
* 'That's only for chavs.'
* 'That's (something to do with girls from Essex).' (<--- Query this)
* 'Cascada is shit.'
* 'How about The Gossip, you should get their album.'
* 'I buy an album in Tesco every week.'
* 'I'd be a bit disappointed if The Gossip's album was for sale in Tesco though.'

THE LAST FOUR WERE SAID BY THE SAME PERSON, CAN YOU IMAGINE MY SUBSEQUENT IRRITATION LEVELS. (hint: RATHER HIGH)

Alas: I still REALLY LIKE the Cascada album. Every song is more or less based on the winning formula of slow faux-ballad beginning, verse 1 begins with pretty and sincere vocals, bang bang bang the beat begins as verse 1 continues, whooshing sound into the ENORMOUS CHORUS, 64 bars of synth riff, second verse, chorus chorus chorus, 64 bars of synth riff, chorus chorus chorus chorus, END.

It basically all sounds exactly the same and its simplicity makes me very very happy; it's all I want to listen to for this week and the next and possibly the week after.

Look at her go, The Natalie Horler from out of Cascada!



And again!



Isn't it very strange indeed that this music has found an apparently massive audience in the USA! Sometimes life is really confusing.

3 Comments:

At 1:44 pm, Blogger Adem With An E said...

Slap a WILD FM logo on it, market it in Beat Magazine in Melbourne & 3D World in Sydney, bobs your uncle, no one shall be none-the-wiser and it'll sell like hot-cakes.

 
At 10:52 pm, Blogger Scott said...

Don't you think it might be even more brilliant if slowed down and covered by the Dixie Chicks?

 
At 11:05 pm, Blogger PopGoesCanberra said...

Oooh the Miracle vid! But this came out three years ago in Austria and Sweden! I know it did! Is it on the album? I want this album if it is. And it's on the latest BodyPump release, the back track. Yay! It's really hard to do clean and jerks while singing "I need a miracle I wanna be your girl give me a chance to see that you are made for me!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home