Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Sunday, March 4

WHAT ARE THEY SENDING TO EUROVISION? EPISODE 2: ANDORRA




Andorra have obviously decided that their lack of success with the previous few years' worth of blandly balladeering ladies (especially the appalling Jenny from last year) requires drastic action. Accordingly, they are providing Anonymous. I was quite sure I would not approve of Anonymous as I only really like the girly schlagery things but they do have potentially broad appeal in a McFly in Catalan sort of way, and I do like to support the micronations at Eurovision (come back Luxembourg!). As such, COME ON ANDORRA.



This song's title translates as 'Save the world', which is a similar theme to Monaco's 2004 entry 'Prenez soin de notre planete'. And that didn't go very well at all. However, UK and Turkey will possibly vote 12 points for this. Ties and hair straighteners are all a bit 2001 but never mind because some parts of Europe are simply a LITTLE BIT BACKWARD. A moderately pleasing pop sensibility adds to my support for this entry. And that, viewers, is the extent of my comments on the song for Andorra.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 pm, Blogger la nadine said...

YOU ARE BLOGGING!

i am not.

i miss you.

x

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger PopGoesCanberra said...

They appear quite sexable...but could improve their excitingness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home