Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Sunday, January 28

OH NO SHE DIDN'T



Is Ricki-Lee fucking leaving the Young Divas? Why is nobody talking about this? This is what I am reading over at the YD boards:

Ricki-Lee's suddenly single
January 25, 2007 01:15am



RICKI-LEE Coulter is taking time out from the Young Divas to pursue solo endeavours. She has pulled out of the girls' upcoming performances at the D & D balls nationally, and will instead head overseas to work on a solo album.

However, she will rejoin Paulini Curuenavuli, Emily Williams and Kate DeAraugo for their July national tour.

Unlike her fellow Divas, Ricki-Lee is not signed by Sony BMG – she is with Shock Records and is contracted to produce a solo album by the end of the year.

To do this, she will be working with songwriters in the U.S. and Britain including Corey Rooney, who is J.Lo's main collaborator, and Peter Biker, who has worked with Kylie Minogue.

The Divas will not be a three-girl outfit in Ricki-Lee's absence – it's rumoured she will be replaced by Emily's sister and fellow Australian Idol contestant Lavina Williams.

Caplice Management, which looks after the Divas, has confirmed Ricki's withdrawal.

"It's an unfortunate scheduling clash," David Champion says.

However, he declines to comment on her replacement, saying only that it will be "someone equally as famous".

He says Ricki will be back with the Divas "as soon as she returns from her overseas writing trip".

It's going to be a busy year for Ricki-Lee – she's getting married in September.


OMG, OMG. I am hyperventilating. This is dreadful, horrifying news. Clearly that is some bullshit about her coming back. I think we ALL CAN SEE WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE. Those bitches have clearly pushed her out, upset at the 'favoured by gays and children' status that RLC deservedly enjoys. Or not. God DAMN, why can't Australians get it right with pop. This is exactly what happened with potentially amazing bands like Bardot, Girlfriend and the Sex Pistols. Right when the YDs are building an insane following and accruing actual record sales (surely a novelty for anything pop in Australia), Ricki-Lee thinks it's time to piss off overseas to prepare an album of tragic works that NO ONE IS GOING TO FUCKING BUY. Sorry. But they're just not going to recoup on an investment like that. Who is fucking advising these people? And who will be the 'equally as famous' person? I mean, of course Lavina would be good but I think it's just too much Hillsong in the one group. Who else could they bin off into the Divas? I'm thinking maybe J-Mau? Or Jade Macrae? Or Bobby Flynn? They would all be fine I suppose. Or maybe Callea? I hope someone is taking this situation very seriously. It could be a very long time between drinks for Australian pop music if this gets fucked up. I DEMAND TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY ON THIS MATTER. AARGH.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

She performed with them yesterday at the tennis! The whole crowd burst out laughing when they were introduced (as did I!)

You know I've never been a fan of Ricki-Lee but I agree with your entire sentiment! I wonder who the replacement will be.

 
At 7:52 am, Blogger Fop said...

What on earth did they sing at the tennis? This Time I Know It's For Real? Or the national anthem? TTIKIFR should actually BE our national anthem, don't you think?

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

YES! I do! I love TTIKIFR so much, still.

But they actually sung I Still Call Australia Home.

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

And by the way: while I am hoping that the replacement is the woman who defines both the words "Young" and "Diva", Lou from Eurovision... do you think it might be another of your favourites, Cosima?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home