Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Wednesday, March 1

THE HAIRHAT ALBUM





While we're on the subject of Kylie, can we just ask: why doesn't anyone ever talk about/exclaim over the cover of the hairhat album these days? This is one of her greatest hats. Look at her - she's such a BABY! Naively thinking she can get away with piling all her monstrous curls on top of a inner tube from out of a child's trike in a deceptive simulacrum of a "hat".

"Don't you see, I only have two quite manageable ringlets - I also just HAPPEN to be wearing a very interesting hat."

4 Comments:

At 12:09 am, Blogger Jessica said...

The hairhat is my favourite Kylie moment EVER.

 
At 12:45 am, Blogger Adem With An E said...

The original pressing of that on vinyl sits in my room like a medal of sorts. I have worshiped it for years.

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger divinetrash said...

It's the kind of thing you really have to love because you know it will never happen again. Not even in a parallel universe. I mean, can you imagine anyone wearing a hairhat on their album cover these days? Or in the future? It just won't happen.

Props to Kylie.

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

That was the very first album of hers that I bought. I even asked her to sign it for me when I met her in 2001. She was rather shocked and declined, choosing instead to sign the tour programme. Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home