Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Thursday, March 16

DELTA DELTA DELTA



Call us perverse but we honestly LOVED Old Granny Goodrem’s song last night at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. That was unexpectedly REALLY GOOD. Did The Veronicas write her that MUCH better than most “inspirational” songs that Australia tends to bash out specially for sporting occasions (eg, Amorosi, V; Arena, T). A HIGHLY LOVELY AND UPLIFTING SONG INDEED we would hope that someone at least had the foresight to commission some sped-up club mixes also


And ALSO, when did Delta turn herself into a brilliant Lara Fabian/Celine Dion amalgam rather than a Home Brand Vanessa Carlton? This is a fantastic reinvention; we completely support it even if we don't quite believe it! What a nice dress, what great hair and make-up, and what a relief to see her stupid piano finally retired! That piano reduces glamour! If Delta keeps this up she could almost certainly receive preselection for a delightful ballad-loving nation such as Monaco* for a future version of the Eurovision Song Contest. (The song was in fact worthy of at least a Eurovision semi-final.) FANTASTIC, DELTA GOODREM. You should be preserved by the National Trust of Australia

* See, Monaco always seems (at least lately) to send a glamourous lady in a nice dress to Eurovision to sing a "beautiful ballad" in a highly "musical" and "senstitive" fashion. So can you see where we're going with this.

3 Comments:

At 12:37 pm, Blogger Adem With An E said...

Even Altona has a bit of class.

As for Delta, I fell asleep and missed her, but the dress did look quite bedazzling (not in a Liz Hurley "I sound like a man" kind of way though).

 
At 3:12 pm, Blogger PopGoesCanberra said...

I know I know I know. I was getting goosebumps. It was an awesome song and it was pretty but dramatic too and had a keychange and a choir and her hair was huge and she mimed but looked like she was live! I LOVED IT!

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I know! I quite like it too. What's it called? There must be a copy floating around somewhere on the web... to legally download of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home