Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Thursday, February 16

"IT IS ALL ABOUT ENERGY AND HAVING FUN"





Oh viewers it's been such a great week for silly Australian popstrel quotes. For instance, look at Sophie Monk hilariously blethering on:

ON THE PAINFUL ROAD OF TRAINING TO BE A SUCCESSFUL THESPIAN:


"Everyone said, 'You really think you'll make it?'. I had so many people saying, 'Seriously Sophie, you haven't even done acting'. I said, 'I know I can do it, it's easy'." Ooh, someone thinks she's pretty shit hot after appearing in two DREADFUL sounding films and stealing parts from CARMEN FACKING ELECTRA - we mean, we wouldn't exactly brag about it.

ON THE HIGH GRADE TALENT IN THE AUSTRALIAN POP SONGWRITING AND PRODUCTION INDUSTRY:

"The calibre of people you are working with in Australia, it's kind of hard to pull the right songs – you are getting songs that people have already said no to. People are going to give their best songs to Kylie." Oo-er, controversy! It ALL COMES OUT NOW doesn't it, about the album you were banging on a time ago about being "so proud of"! Not that she's remotely wrong about the Australian pop scene. But still, RUDE! (And honestly, as if Minogue, K would deign even to spit on a song by an Australian songwriter)

ON HER WACKY NEW MUSICAL DIRECTION AND THE HIDEOUSLY MASCULINE MS STEFANI:

"I am thinking I want to be like Gwen Stefani, but more feminine, a bit quirky and girlie – a bit cheeky." What the HELL are you talking about.

ON HER BLISSFULLY HAPPY NEW LIFE IN L.A.:

"I am on my own here, I don't have any family. I have no one, I just came over on my own. You come home from a really hard day and you've achieved a lot and there's no one to share it with." Sob.

And in other news, Kate de Rouge, about to release the best ever song given to an Idol winner in any country, discovers the gays - with HILARIOUS RESULTS:



ON "BLOODY BENDIGO":

"Being from bloody Bendigo of course I had never been to a gay club, but I was all up for it and said, ‘Let’s go!’ It was such a great club and so many gay people are so friendly. So many hot guys, I had an absolute ball." Quite endearing really.

ON THE AUDIENCE'S REQUIREMENTS FOR HER PERFORMANCE AT ARQ THIS WEEKEND:

"High energy, and lots of it, is what they want there. I mean at Arq, it is all about energy and having fun." Oh it SURE IS, Kate de Rouge!

ON OTHER BIZARRE MATTERS:

"One day I was saying to my managers how much I would love to go the [Mardi Gras] Parade, and the next day I was invited to be on my own float. I really can’t wait for that, my own float at Mardi Gras." The Kate de Rouge Mardi Gras float! Imagine that! A giant Kate barge trammelling down Oxford Street with the Almighty mix of Faded out on a loop! It's almost a sufficient reason to revisit that stinking shitheap of a town, Sydney! Except not quite sufficient enough as Sydney is just SO AWFUL as you well know. (Kyle and Jackie O are also apparently on the Kate de Barge Rouge Barge "FYI")

2 Comments:

At 12:14 am, Blogger Adem With An E said...

Firstly, I would be lying if I didn't say I was excited hearing about Sophie returning to music.

Let's just hope it's bloody good then.

As for Miss. Daroooooooooooooooooogzzzgzgzgzge, it was only a matter of time before she tried her career out on the gays.

 
At 4:50 pm, Blogger Clem said...

I want a barge at Mardis Gras. My boss/senior gay thinks I should be accompanied by a Thunderpuss remix of Send In The Clowns, in honour of my Sondheim-related Einstein Factor appearance. I would be happy with this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home