Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Friday, January 20

MANDY MOORE IS MAKING A BIG MISTAKE





The lovely Mandy has been running her mouth in respect of her back catalogue. INCLUDING HER AMAZING SECOND ALBUM. This one:


Here is what she said to Glamour Magazine for an interview in its February issue, about her first two albums:

"Ugh, those were awful--just awful! If I had the money, I would give a refund to everyone who bought my first two albums. Whenever people ask, `Which of your albums should I listen to?' I say, `Nothing but "Coverage". Burn the rest!'"

THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY. Her first album's pretty dire, but her "Mandy Moore" album was incredible for many reasons. Like:

* The smoky Arab-pop-before-it-was-cool of "In My Pocket" (which also led an American Muslim leader to pronounce at the time that "Mandy Moore's ignorant appropriation of a traditional Arab instrument is an insult to Muslims everywhere")

* The video for "In My Pocket" and its kitchen-sink approach to Eastern cultures of all kinds

* "Saturate Me". Which is as exquisite now as it was nearly 5 years ago

* "17"! Another beautiful song!

We're hopelessly smitten with the whole album, to be honest. GET A GRIP MANDY MOORE. You'll probably never be as good as you were on that album again. And no one is very interested in your boring as fuck covers album. We cannot believe the rubbish that is literally pouring from your mouth.

Mandy, you're a fool to yourself.

6 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Blogger Guy said...

Don't forget "I Wanna Be With You"...

 
At 10:19 am, Blogger Jo said...

And sorry to be obvious, but Candy was pure sugarpop genius.

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger Fop said...

Jo, NO! Candy is one of her worst! I will happily pay I Wanna Be With You, however.

When is your blog coming back, Guy?

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger Jo said...

You won't even pay the Wade Robson remix?

Agree to disagree.



You know who are,
Your love is as sweet as candy
I'll be forever yours
Love always
Mandy

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Guy said...

When I think of something to say, the blog will come back. It won't die though... I need a "comeback" post...

 
At 12:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mandy Moore" was her third album in the U.S. - she was probably referring to "So Real" and "I Wanna Be With You" as the albums that were bad...I assume they were combined into one CD for the international release.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home