Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Monday, July 25

SHE'S HAD HER SHARE, OF HEARTS BROKEN



Much to the delight of the whooping throng of gays eating out of her hand on Saturday in Melbourne, Margaret Cho explained that George W Bush sending Jeb Bush to assist with the tsunami relief is, for Australian purposes, "like sending Dannii Minogue". We do like Dannii, though, particularly because she:

1. will be releasing the greatest album of her career this year ("Oh is she REALLY." - the 'Girl' album); and
2. commented recently that Kylie is getting better.

To celebrate number 1 (above) in an anticipatory manner, you should simply think happily for a minute about how good Dannii can be sometimes. She has been responsible for some of the best songs ever. "I Begin To Wonder". "This Is It". "Who Do You Love Now?". "All I Wanna Do". "Disremembrance". We could go ON ALL DAY. There is no reason this album can't do the business (except perhaps for the fact that she's now on a record label that seems incapable, at least from our limited perspective, of organising much more than a dog's breakfast).

To celebrate number 2, we should all look at the following fairly exquisite screenshot for a time:

6 Comments:

At 11:39 am, Blogger Jess said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Jess said...

What a superb hat Kylie is wearing!

 
At 11:52 am, Blogger Fop said...

Yes, the beading's nice. That's quite rare these days, that sort of beading on a hat. Unhappily rare, I feel.

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

God, I remember when EVERYONE was wearing those hats. There were black ones, too. I never had one, of course, my parents preferred to dress me in turtlenecks and berets, but I did note with jealousy every other little girl seemed to have one.

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Derek said...

Count me as AGAINST the hat...I had a vest with similar beading and motifs and the embarrassment of it still haunts (and shames) me!

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Fop said...

Derek, I simply cannot imagine you in such a beaded hat. What period was this, please?

And Guy, you like 'Everybody Changes Underwater'? That is one of her WORST! But I'm glad you like 'Disremembrance' - it had a beautiful video too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home