Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Tuesday, July 5

GOOD NEWS FOR NIKKI WEBSTER *



We forgot a few important things in our "Best CDs of the first half of 2005" post the other day. They are these:

1. An album that we are rather looking forward to and that we neglected to mention is Lil Kim's new "project", which she is apparently "dropping" on August 2. Apart from the fact that it contains a duet with a Korean singer called Bi/Rain, It's quite hard to find much information about it, but we just KNOW it will be incredible.


2. Just after the end of the half-year, we got hold of ANOTHER 5-Gretel album, by M.I.A..

Why isn't everyone carrying on insanely about this brilliant, shouty piece of amazingness? EXPECT A LOT MORE ABOUT THIS.

3. Yes, the Melody Club album was 2004. We were a bit slow on the uptake with that. (But it's STAYING IN THE LIST, bloody)

4. Please don't have us killed, but we're also sort of interested in the forthcoming Tamara Jaber album. Sort of.

"If loving Tamara Jaber is wrong, I don't want to be right."

* Because, she apparently loves Lil Kim! We have evidence of this in a copy of Australian Smash Hits from a while back where Nikki lists her favourite artists as "Kylie, Beyonce, Madonna and Lil Kim". ISN'T IT GREAT?

4 Comments:

At 11:04 am, Blogger Jellyfish said...

Hah. I love that you managed to include Nikki in this post, even in the most tenuous way.

 
At 12:57 pm, Blogger Derek said...

Bi/Rain?
.
.
.
.
.
Ohhh.....

 
At 1:16 am, Blogger Edward O said...

God, EVERYONE was going on about M.I.A. at some point, if you were reading various other sites. I'm kind of tired of hearing about it, actually even though lots of it is proper fantastic.

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger LadyCracker said...

Love M.I.A very high rotation in my office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home