Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Tuesday, April 19

NORMAL SERVICE TO RESUME



That's a lie, that post title, since we always like to give ourselves some little breaks. But we are TOTALLY in the mood for Fopping it up at the moment, so KINDLY NOTE we will be returning to it in a fulsome way in about 12 hours time.

Seriously, we have been quite unable to operate due to the sheer horror we experienced once we brought home the Melanie C album about a fortnight ago. HOW on EARTH did it seem a good idea to spend $19.99 on that little pile of unmitigated detritus? In short, The Melanie C has forgotten:

* the good songs
* her "thank yous" section (always important on a Solo Spice album, to see if they seem any closer to getting back together)
* the colour ink

And, the cover seems to be just like the poster for that dreadful film The Grudge:




We suppose this is sort of funny. But it's not quite this, is it:

And who invited all the noisy, tedious guitarists? Patrick Wolf would NOT approve. We certainly don't.

We've also been involved in moving Fop HQ to our AMAZING new digs at Fop Towers. And we are nearly done! We now love nothing more than a halogen down light. How do you change the globe

4 Comments:

At 9:50 am, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And hahaha to the Grudge comparison. It REALLY looks like it.

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger Lee said...

Oh poor The Melanie C.

Dear Foppery, do tell whether the new albumen is just bad-bad (c.f. 'Horizons') or veering towards that laughable-bad of that bobbins homeless track of 'Northern Star'.

"I couldn't live without my phone.
But you don't even have a home," indeed. Silly moo.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

Hah! Oh, what a glorious post. I had somehow missed/forgotten that you were a Spice Boy. How excellent. I was, as they say in the UK, 'well into' them in Year 11/12 (in an arch, tongue-in-cheek, ironic way of course) and my girlfriends and I may or may not have actually formed a Spice Girls tribute act. In which I in fact played Mel C (insert remark about me being the unttractive tomboy one here).

her "thank yous" section (always important on a Solo Spice album, to see if they seem any closer to getting back together)

SO TRUE! Oh, dear. I'm so saddened to hear that it's rubbish, I'm heading of to play Baby's 'Crickets Sing for Annamaria' to cheer myself up.

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

PS - re. halogen globe, DONT TOUCH THEM WITH YOUR HANDS. Or something. Or they don't work. Fucked if I know why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home