Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Wednesday, July 7

MEGAWATI TO GO BACK INTO THE HOUSE


Fop would normally prefer to leave commentary on international politics to people who have some idea what they're talking about. However, we simply cannot go past the fact that due to a POTENTIAL VOTING ERROR, Indonesian president Megawati Sukarnoputri (who the interweb entertainingly describes as the "quintessential Javanese Princess", which for all we know may well be quite accurate) might still have a chance of beating presidential hopeful Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (or "SBY" as he recently decided to become known in a marvellous display of flipping one's WHOLE STYLE) in the upcoming Indonesian presidential elections.

Megawati might, then, be going back into the house (of parliament)!

Gretel Killeen comments: "I do not recommend the use of the services of Legion Interactive for the purposes of tallying this vote. And remember: don't vote out the ones who keep things interesting! Have I mentioned recently that I'm taken? Because I am, you know."



FACT! Megawati has her own 800kg milking cow!
FACT! It was a gift from the president of Switzerland, Joseph Deiss!
FACT! The cow is called Elizabeth but Megawati would like to change its name to Juliette!
FACT! She has not yet done so (possibly out of deference to the president of Switzerland, as the gift was quite recent)!

3 Comments:

At 9:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... if she goes back into the House, I hope they use the opportunity to put her in "lock-down" first and remove that unsightly mole...

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger Edward O said...

Ooh er. When did your archives link turn into that boxy thing? If you can indeed remember, tell me how!

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger Edward O said...

Hang about! I worked it out myself. You are a lamp unto my feet, Fop.

Megawati I recall being described in some quarters as behaving like a spoilt Javanese Princess. That said, "quintessential" is a much better word, because does it not literally mean not made of the four classical Greek elements? A good case could be made for Wattie being made out of air, mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home