Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Wednesday, June 2

WHERE OH WHERE ETC ETC

Fop has decided that we need a copy of Sara-Marie and (the) Sirens 2001 "hit" "I'm So Excited! (The Bum Dance)" to call our own.

But do you think it's available anywhere? We are kicking ourselves (each other?) with considerable force for not having bought it when it came out, but it really was (let's face it) the sort of thing you'd expect to see in JB Hi-Fi bargain bins in piles of 100 for 20 cents each three months after its release. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. So now we're sort of stuck.

If you're not familiar with "I'm So Excited! (The Bum Dance)", WELL:

* It's sung (except the ENTIRE vocal has been run through a vocoder) by an Australian record-company girl group called The Sirens!
* Sara-Marie is associated with it due to her HILARIOUS "bum-dancing" in the video (to the considerable alarm of the Sirens) and her many "sayings" that have been "sampled" throughout the record!
* It's a cover of "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters!
* Sara-Marie was a contestant in the first Australian series of Big Brother! (And now she advertises Nicabate.)



Can you send us this CD single? If you can, PLEASE email. WE ARE SERIOUS. We can't afford much but we'll send you this in return:

It's a Morrissey greatest hits CD ("World of Morrissey") that we don't particularly care for anymore. Probably of similar value to the Sara-Marie and Sirens CD single, wouldn't you think? OF COURSE.

7 Comments:

At 1:21 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

Oh man, I wish I did have one. That sounds like a fair swap.

But why oh why do you want a copy? It was horrible! Have you checked all the used record stores? Surely there's one around somewhere!

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Fop said...

I suppose I'm just going to have to trawl through every second hand record shop in Melbourne to get it! (I haven't actually done this yet - I've just decided that it's a gaping hole in my life, not having it.)

And surely it's not that bad! Don't you think it's actually kind of funny? It's always HILARIOUS when someone from off TV releases a single. I think that it will have aged well.

Now, is The Pavilion going to be celebrating Ausculture's Dolly Week at all? I think we might do a little post in support...

Will

 
At 5:38 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

I loved Sara Marie more that Aphrodite and Igor combined, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't dig 'I'm So Excited'. If it was going to be a novelty record, would it have been so hard for her to sing it herself? What were the Sirens even doing on it? I didn't understand!

Didn't she release a full album though? Sara Marie's Pajama Party? Sare Marie's Bum Dance Album? Am I just making this up? Yes, something that wonderful could only have been a dream I fear.

As for Dolly Parton, I may have to leave that to Michael if we do. My DP knowledge really only goes as far as Islands In The Stream, 9 to 5 and that time she guest starred on Bette.

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger Fop said...

Weren't the Sirens contracted to Big Brother at the time? I think they performed on the live eviction a few times, and I remember heavy use of their single "Give a little love (take a little love)" (I might possibly be making up the brackets in the title) used over housemate footage.

And Sara-Marie did have an album! But it was just songs she had apparently picked as her "favourites" - for a pajama party, as you say. I don't even think she remembered to include "I'm So Excited (The Bum Dance)" in her favourite.

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

What the hell happened to the crappy music acts performing at the eviction parties?? Oh, that was so bonza...it would be our game to guess all week who they'd have on...like that crap girl group from Sydney where one of them was really short. Do you remember them? I guessed one week that they'd be on, and they were! And yes, the Sirens were on! Oh, why on earth do they not do this anymore!? Eviction shows used to be the best!

And the evicted contestants would dance with them on stage! It was the best thing ever!!

 
At 9:15 pm, Blogger Fop said...

Wasn't that girl group with one short one called Tatoo or Taboo or something similar? I seem to remember them being Popstars rejects and having a song called "Imperfect Girl" - is that who you're thinking of? Either way, it WAS indeed bonza when they got the evicted housemates to dance with the live act. Bring it back!

 
At 10:47 pm, Blogger CD GALLAGHER said...

No, I loved Tatu...Imperfect Girl rocked! I've still got the A Current Affair behind-the-scenes making of both the group and the video on tape.

Anyway, this group was called x3..or maybe Girls x3. As in, there were three of them. And one of them was a total midget and had to stand on a box when they performed. They were terrible.

I see the eviction show has been extended half an hour. Is this every week? Are the dancing evictees back?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home