Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Friday, April 23

The best film of the year is here.

It might even be the best film ever!

ELEPHANT.



Haunting, simple, innovative, affecting. Good job, Gus Van Sant. This film is like watching a poem.

Everything that I imagine* that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is not. Though, I am certain that that film will be afforded far more plaudits than Elephant, since a Kaufman is responsible for it. Fop is a Kaufman/Spike Jonze free zone, you know, viewers. Spike Jonze, in particular, should simply return to making "ironic" and "inventive" music videos and leave it at that.


* No, I haven't seen it. But it looks to be overladen with gimmicks. I cannot have this. Please see also, under "overpraised" and "gimmicky" Being John Malkovich, Adaptation. Stupid and adolescent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home