Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Tuesday, January 6

Google problem

When I image search for "Sabrina", I get mainly this sort of rubbish:



NOT what I'm after. What I want is Sabrina, the late 80s Italo-pop tarlet who brayed her way through "Boys (Summertime Love)" in a most entertaining, ESL fashion.


For example, I proffer as item 1.1 the following inscrutable lyrical development: "Everybody, summertime love! You remember me!"
A keen parasociologist and very nice lad has suggested the following reading:

"Is she awkwardly saying everybody loves summertime. Or commanding everyone to spontaneously burst into seasonal affections."

Sadly, I think not, lad.

Sabrina loves summer. It's obvious. Her love for her native Italian summer is legendary. Even some of the smallest European nations (for example, Lichtenstein) would have heard about her "summertime love" (probably at the same time as they saw her ample rack in a men's mag, as was her sideline to pop at the time). She wants "everybody" to remember this. A clearer way to say it, by someone not ESL, would be, oh I don't know, perhaps. "Hello, Sabrina here. We've met before I think. Surely you'd recall, I love summer ever so much. Bosomry. Yes, that's me. Shall we marry?"

There's another good bit in it too:

"BOYS BOYS BOYS - BOYS BOYS BOYS.
BOYS BOYS BOYS - BOYS BOYS BOYS."

I can certainly relate, to that sort of sentiment.


Oh, yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home