Fop.

I was faced with a choice, at a difficult age. Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage

Tuesday, December 30

In addition

I should mention that I have seen The Spanish Apartment. L'Auberge Espagnol if you're French.



About it, I have this to say:

1. It's the sort of film that a lot of dickheads will always flock to in film festivals since it's mainstream enough to not challenge/bother anyone terribly and then they can say that they saw something in the film festival.
2. The subtitling was disastrous. Some words that needed an acute accent on them came out as unpronounceable symbols! Also, the subtitles were too geared to an American audience. People in other parts of the world do not "jerk it". I don't think.
3. The narrative was, in some aspects, quite unsatisfying. Too many little stories were begun, and lazily left uncompleted. Ambitious, you might say. Or, LAZY, as I already *did* say.
4. The star, Romain Duris, who played Xavier, was pleasing to mine eye.

5. It's actually not so bad. Especially it's good if you have been to Barcelona and like to see it all again. Though you could just watch Kylie's video for "Slow" if that was all you were after.
6. Much of the writing is quite good and it all feels quite natural.
7. I rather liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home